Friday 30 March 2012

Vegetarian on Baldwin


It's been a while since my last entry and the last two weeks have been absolutely crazy! in terms of the workload. I have two more weeks of undergrad left and sometimes, I wonder if it will ever end T_T. Anyways, I hoped your week went better then mine and here's a recap of the happiest event of the week.

I had a plant design reunion lunch with our lovely TA Jine Jine and my amazing group members. It was just so nice to see everyone after all this time to catch up and eat some good food. :)


I had been to Vegetarian Haven a few times before and I feel like it's my go-to place when I'm in the mood for vegetarian. It was nice to go with a big group of people since I get my food pictures :D. Yes, I'm terrible.

Kenneth was brave enough to get one of their appetizers, Tofu Drumsticks. Apparently the inside tasted like vegetarian spring rolls. 
The "bone" is made of a sugar cane

I got the Singapore Seitan which was this sweet and sour veggie stirfry with rice. I really like the seitan here since it makes me forget that I'm eating vegetables because the texture is so meat-like. If you've never had seitain before, it's wheat gluten that's cooked and usually used as imitation meat. I later regretted getting this since towards the end of my meal, the sweet and sour flavours were getting too strong and unappetizing.




Thankfully, my friends seemed to be enjoying their selection. Both Nikhita's Curry Pad Thai and Esther's “Seafood” w/Purple Rice in Clay Pot looked super yummy .


There was no seafood in this, just tons of mushrooms! <3

Mizuka didn't want a heavy meal so she opted for the light lunch. Great choice since I later regretted ordering such a large plate of food. 

Comes with dumplings and tofu drumstick too!

The best thing about Vegetarian Haven is that they always have a special of the day that's not on their menu, so they'll have a ready-made sample to show people what it is. I've never been back on the same day of the week so I'm not sure what the rotation schedule for the daily special is like.

Salad, noodles, and a asparagus and seitan wrap, what's not to like?
Too pretty to only have 1 picture :).


Overall, I really like the food at Vegetarian Haven. A word of caution: if you go in a group of more then 6, they add a 17% service charge to your bill and then taxes the meal and the tip. Obviously, a lot of places do that and I can understand why since large groups are hard to deal with. However, I don't appreciate them taxing the meal and the tip as well. I know I'm cheap but I hate paying more then 15% tip on any meal and it sucks even more when they make you pay more tax then you're suppose to. :( 


Extras:


There was crazy warm weather in Toronto for a good 2 weeks and it really felt like Summer was here. Unfortunately, it's back to the humid, cold days again and I'm left waiting for the real Summer weather to come. However, because Spring is here, my mom's orchids are starting to bloom! Here are some picture to cheer you guys up until the weather is nice again :D (click to enlarge).

So many buds about to open!


Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...